Fiddleheads, Avocados, Chantrelles – Yes Please!
Hello there, new brunch recipe. I love me some good avocado toast so I had to share my current go-to recipe for our current fiddlehead season (May-June). Plus, this easy recipe requires less than 5 ingredients and is equally as delicious. Bring on elevated avocado toast!
1. Clean and cut 1/2 cup fiddleheads. Boil for 15 minutes to cook.
2. Soak 1/2 cup dried chantrelle mushrooms for 20 minutes until tender.
3. Lightly sauté cooked fiddleheads and mushrooms with 1 tsp olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Mash one ripe avocado with juice of 1 lime.
5. Spread avocado on your favorite toast, top with sautéed mix.
I like to add a bit of black sesames and dried chilies but that’s optional. So easy, and mighty tasty.
Do you elevate your avocado toast with seasonal ingredients? Let me know in the comments below.